Location: Firenze, Italy
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Sesto Fiorentino is the Headquarter of Thales Italia. It hosts two Domains: Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) and Security (SIX). The activity of GTS domain: Security systems, telecommunications, supervision, control & management information and signalling solutions for trains, trams and metros Regarding railway solutions, Thales is the homologated supplier of Rete Ferroviaria Italiana for Axel Counters, Tunnel Security, Energy Saving, SCADA systems and Asset Management. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for tramway signalling solutions. The activity of SIX domain: mission critical solutions and applications for assets and citizens security (supervision, control and information management systems) as well as cybersecurity. Thales offers solutions to protect the information systems and critical data of its civilian and military customers and helps its customers to detect and prevent cyberattacks by devising secure architectures from the design stage, overseeing these architectures and ensures that they are kept in secure working order. Italy is Thales Group’s competence centre for Airport security and operations management solutions.
The HSE Manager at Thales will lead Health, Safety and Environmental Assurance activities and ensure the implementation and maintenance of HSE Management System in conformity with Thales and ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 international standards. HSE Manager will lead the HSE Operations, also related to all Projects, Bids and Site activities (internal /external).
- ensure that the Solutions delivered to the Customer are compliant with both Customer and Company HSE requirements and with the applicable standards and regulations.
- analyse Customer and Company HSE requirements, define, verifying and ensure the implementation, monitored and reviewed in each phase of Bid/Project of Specific HSE Plan, customer procedure and other relevant documentation.
- ensure that the Company HSE Management System covers the overall necessary arrangements to comply with standards, regulations and laws specified in the contract.
- assess and qualify suppliers, manage their performances in collaboration with Procurement function and identify structural HSE risks for supplier involved in the project in collaboration with all other functions.
- provide data resulting from HSE audits, return and customer complaints, alert and veto right, to ensure the reporting, to prevent the risks and assure that Anomalies, Nonconformities and Alerts are managed since their closure.
- contribute on Bid/Project Gates/reviews providing feedback trough HSE advice or HSE Memo.
- verify the HSE process implementation applicable at Bid/Project Level with Audit.
- lead and assure HSE ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 certifications; manage HSE Certifications (OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001) with interaction with certification body.
- assist the Head of Operations to manage HSE budgeted costs accordingly.
- actively promote a Safety Culture at each level, by proving training and support to the Company and the project, improving the legislative and safety awareness.
- design and maintain Risk assessment process for managing preventive and corrective actions.
- promote and support the Management through HSE Improvement Plans, HSE KPIs and HSE statistics and reporting.
- attend and present Health, Safety & Environmental issues at both the Senior Management Meeting and Customers review meetings.
- act as escalation point of contact in the event of HSE accidents and serious incidents.
- communicate on behalf of the contract with external Bodies in respect of HSE.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Min. 4-5 years ‘experience in HSE activities, within international environment.
- University degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Expertise in the establishment, management and maintenance of HSE activities for Bid/Project by interacting with Customer and Project Team.
- Qualification as Auditor in accordance with the ISO 9001 OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards and proven knowledge of this standards.
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, experience in dealing with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Italian Law Dlgs. 81/08 and Dlgs. 156/06.
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Solid Communication and Leadership skills.
- RSPP or ASPP qualification is an added value.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!