Location: Darwin, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales Australia provides logistics services expertise to our customer, the Australian Defence Force. Thales will train and qualify you to work in each area of our logistics business including, storage, maintenance and distribution.
This will be comprised of ‘on the job’ training as well as courses through our in-house registered training organisation.
- Coordinating and participating with the movement of stores by road and within the depot
- Operating vehicles and material handling equipment as appropriate
- Monitoring shelf life of stores through stocktakes and spot checks
- Participating in stocktaking and spot checks by locating, identifying, counting and relocating stores
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to all matters relating to health and safety.
- Licensed operation of vehicles and material handling equipment (HR and LF)
- Excellent attention to detail with very good numeric, oral and written communication skills
- A degree of physical fitness to perform manual tasks
- Strong commitment to safety
- Defence experience highly regarded
The position is dependent on the candidate eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!