Location: Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
Our business is growing and we are looking for Aircraft Maintenance Technicians to join the Thales IFE team. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician performs line maintenance work, installation work, repair station work, and ground equipment maintenance work on the Thales In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulations (FARs), airline customers’ maintenance manuals and internal operating procedures.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and systems modifications on all Thales Systems
- Ensure all airline log book discrepancies pertaining to all Thales Systems are cleared in a timely manner
- Follow established procedures and ensure that logbooks are utilized and signed off appropriately and in a timely manner for all work performed on aircraft
- Follows approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer's (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all maintenance activities.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Utilize multiple computer programs to aid in the troubleshooting and repairs of the Thales systems.
- Receive and prepare aircraft parts in accordance with FAA, Airline and Thales policies.
- Communicate and interface with the customer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required
- Meet recent experience requirements in accordance with 14 CFR 65.83
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and various search engines.
- Strong in avionics, able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and follow written procedures and instructions
- Ability to terminate electrical connectors utilizing proper crimp methods as well as proper soldering methods acceptable in the aviation industry
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and directions
- Ability to summarize and effectively present information to Supervisors and Customers
- Ability to work on problems of moderate scope and analyze data/situations
- Ability to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Will be required to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in Avionics/Electronics
- Must be willing to travel domestically and, if required, internationally
- Valid, unrestricted Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States or the ability to obtain one
- Able to obtain and maintain local airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Able to obtain and maintain Customs Clearance for airport security badge (as required for job duties)
- Able to crawl, bend, kneel, climb and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Alert to moving vehicles and aircraft
- Able to drive tugs, trucks, lift trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor after attending training
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a record that meets our insurance standards
- Must pass 7-year background check which includes fingerprinting, DOT(Department of Transportation) pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Two (2) years aircraft maintenance technician school
- Two (2) years of line maintenance experience
- Federal Communication Commission (FCC) license
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Mastery in at least one aircraft discipline should be demonstrated through prior work experience to include:
- General Maintenance
- Avionics Systems
- In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems
- Defined career path, with development opportunities
- Competitive Pay ranges dependent on experience
- Medical coverage
- Dental/Vision coverage from 1st day of employment
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 20 Paid Time Off Days annually and Thales recognizes 11 national holidays
- Annual Performance Bonus of up to 5% of your base salary
- After 30 days of employment, auto-enrollment in the Thales 401(k), with a 3% employer contribution and a 4% match of what you contribute. The total company contribution can be up to 7% annually, and it is vested from the first day.
Are you ready to be part of something big? If your skills, experience, and attitude are a match and you are looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.