Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Devops System Integrator
Short task description
Devops System Integratorrole is focused on increasing the automation level of deployment and integration activities. Participate to the extension of CI practices and tools for all System Test activities, to achieve accelerated and more frequent deployment of changes toward test and production environments.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creation and execution of automated regression tests on the integrated system
- Debugging of failure situations and pre-analysis of those issues
- Deployment of artifacts, delivered by the development teams, into an integration environment (integration space)
- Extension of the Continuous Integration pipeline and tool chain for system test
- Extension of the Continuous Deployment pipeline and tool chain for system test
- Collaboration with engineering support team to maintain & improve the cloud environment
- Collaboration with development teams solve together the found issues
The development will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from Germany (Stuttgart, Berlin) and Austria (Wien).
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical study of Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics or similar)
Requested technical competencies:
- Experience with Websocket and REST APIs
- Knowledge of Shell, Python or Perl scripting
- Experience with Selenium
- Advanced knowledge of Jenkins Pipelines and Groovy
- Experience with Cucumber
Would be a plus:
- Good skills of cloud technology (OpenStack, CloudFoundry)
- Experience with Nexus and Maven
- Experience with Git repositories (Gerrit, BitBucket)
- Spring Framework experience
- Basic Linux skills
- Code analysis skills (e.g. BlackDuck, SonarQube)
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Very good cognitive aptitudes
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation, assertiveness)
- English – business fluent
- Professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!