Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Thales Services is in charge of the Big Data platform of a major French electricy company. In a critical ecosystem, we are leading a transformation project to answer to the increase of volume of the platform.
Oracle Developer job summary:
Integrated in a Devops team, you will take part of the Build and Run activities of the project :
• Development and Unit testing
• Technical migration to continue the project modernization
• Maintenance and evolution of the technical platform
• Investigation on production technical issues
• Support to the operator’s team
• Operational experience in high volume SQL DataBase, PL/SQL and ETL like Informatica
• Highly skilled in Database performance optimization
• Good experience in investigation in a production environment
Requested competencies / experience:
• Experience in development (Java, NodeJS or Python) and test automation
• Ability to have hand in BigData Platform such as Hadoop
• System Integration , end-to-end validation competencies
• Good communication skills
• Agile methodology
• Good knowledge in French Language (the transfert activity will be done in French with the French customer)
• 3 months in France (Paris or Toulouse) at the start of the assignment (during transfert activity)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!