Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Short task description
Support product lines and projects using JIRA the right way by coaching, scripting, evaluation of change requests and definition of standard workflows. Take ownership of several Jira instances, promote best practices and continuously improve the processes and practices used.
Job responsibilities include:
- User support and coaching of JIRA (agile) and key plugins (big picture for planning and SAFe)
- Automation and consolidation of processes using workflows and scripting
- Reporting and dashboard support
- Evaluation of change requests (new plugins, workflows changes, issues)
- Support workshops for product lines
The activity will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from Germany (Stuttgart, Berlin) and Austria (Wien).
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical study of Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics or similar)
Requested technical competencies:
- Experiences in automation using REST APIs and Jenkins
- Experiences in JIRA and key plugins (e.g. Big Picture)
- Strong Experience with agile development methods (Scrum, Lean)
- Experience in organizing workshops and trainings
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Jira integration in C.I. environments
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with Change Management
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Very good cognitive aptitudes
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation, assertiveness)
- Professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans etc.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!