Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate Java software developer with good understanding of software architecture and design issues as well as solid knowledge of Java technologies and tools (Java SE, Java EE, Maven, etc.)
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. Our challenge is to develop products having a failure rate below 0,0000001%
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Unit test
The development will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest and Vienna.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Strong Java development skills
- Good understanding of software architecture and design issues
- In depth knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Eclipse, GIT & SVN, Maven, OO principles, GUI (SWT)DOORS,
- JIRA , experience with Development processes ( Kanban / Scrum )
- Web Service development
- Testing (Junit) - Unit, Integration & acceptance
- Basic Unix commands (SSH, SCP, etc)
- Experience in process oriented development (V-Model, Agile methods)
- Development in safety related environment
- Works in a structured way and can report progress properly
Professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, work from home, 24 paid holidays.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!