Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Senior Integration Verification and Validation Engineer
Thales Systems Romania (TSR) is now developing its capacities in SW development for Space applications in collaboration with Thales Alenia Space (TAS).
Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments.
Thales Alenia Space develops the ground segment of MTG (Meteosat Third Generation) project, satellite dedicated to meteorology forecast. Thales Alenia Space Software Competence Center is in charge of the Instrument Data Processing Facility (IDPF).
This processing threats a large amount of data (5 TB per day) and uses high performance computation algorithms with high technical constraints (timeliness, data rate, storage)
Thales Systems Romania will be responsible of the development, integration and test of the MTG product according to Agile methodology (SCRUM).
- Responsible for the verification activities for the MTG IDPF PI product
- Establish detailed planning of IVV activities including documentation and review as well as follow-up activities
- Coordinate, perform and support verification activities
- Synchronize with TAS-FR Project Manager, development team
- Maintain project relationship with EUMETSAT
- Collaborate with PM for the preparation of progress reports and progress meetings
- IVV related risks management
- Produce and maintain the documentation related to verification and test activities
- Review the documentation and attend reviews concerning software data-packages
- Project and test management skills,
- Good customer relationship,
- Knowledge in IVV and Maintenance activities for Ground Segment Observation Systems,
- Good IT knowledge.
- Fluency in English
Would be a plus:
- Good knowledge of Linux
- ISTQB certification
- Technical skills: Robot Framework / Python
- Knowledge of JIRA, Git
- Testing of complex software systems under usage of technical means like simulators and scripting languages
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time
- Challenging projects with state of the art technology
- Professional development in multinational environment
- Training opportunities
- Attractive salary
- 24 paid vacation days
- Medical care
- Restaurant tickets
- Sports programs
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!