Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Configuration Management Controller
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Land and Air Systems (LAS) business unit as a Configuration Management Controller. This role is responsible for coordinating Configuration Management (CM) activities and employ CM processes throughout all phases of a product development lifecycle. The position also requires the coordination of all CM aspects for Sub Contractor Design Authorities relating to the programme.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- To deploy, implement and maintain the programme Configuration Management Plans
- To coordinate the configuration for all programme related hardware Pre and Post Freeze including Sub Contractor Design Authorities.
- With sub-contractors and suppliers:
- assess their CM capability
- manage the flow-down of configuration management requirements (SOW)
- ensure the follow-up of configuration management requirements
- To perform and participate in the verification and validation of configuration baseline contents.
- To participate in the phase reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR)
- To perform or participate in configuration audits (FCA, PCA) and CM System verifications.
- To ensure that all programme hardware Pre and Post Freeze Design Build Standards for Development and Production use (Product Baselines) are defined and controlled both “in-house” and at Sub-Contractor Design authorities to guarantee product conformance to Customer requirements.
- To control the Configuration Bills of Material (As desigined-BOM) and oversee the As Planed BoM on the ERP system and to ensure that these BoMs are maintained and validated to the approved Product Baselines to enable Master Schedule requirements to be met.
- To coordinate the approval, introduction and implementation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) for the purpose of introducing improvements or resolving production/operational problems on the programme.
- To facilitate the technical interface between the Programme team and Customer on configuration management issues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Education to Degree or equivalent in an Engineering Technical, or Scientific discipline with significant relevant experience gained working in an Engineering/Scientific/Technical environment.
- HND or HNC or equivalent preferably in an Engineering, Technical or Scientific discipline plus additional relevant experience gained working in an Engineering/Scientific/Technical environment.
- Be proficient, with a working knowledge of Configuration Management and its application within Thales and the Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of the Chorus Reference System (The Company’s Quality Management System) and the CM process contained within.
- Knowledge of the product range covered by the programme and have sufficient experience to actively participate in technical reviews and other technical meetings covered by the programme.
- Relevant experience in Project/WP Management disciplines and must display strong leadership and motivational qualities to direct and achieve the required results from the wider programme team, including the Supply Chain.
- The ability to travel on business at short notice is also required in line with programme requirements.
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!