Location: Austin, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
As a Product Marketing Manager supporting Thales’s Identity and Access Management product lines you will play a key role in supporting, developing and executing overall marketing support and coordination, communicating product launches and updates through various materials and creating GTM programs targeting our prospects and customers.
As a manager, you are responsible for managing your own role, and your responsibility to define the market position within the context of the overall product strategy. This role requires initiative and drive on your part in order to make it successful.
Individual must have strong organizational skills, working in a very strategic and proactive manner. The ability to deliver projects according to timelines and budget with necessary approvals in place is a must. You are essentially the product expert within the marketing organization, the owner of the marketing assets related to the product/solution, working very closely with a product management counterpart, in addition to others. In this role, you will be part of the following activities:
- Content development for core marketing campaigns and lead generation:
- Developing topics for, researching and writing lead generation collateral including infographics, demos, white papers, solution briefs and presentations. Experience using marketing automation, specifically Pardot is a plus!
- Sales and partner support and enablement
- Working with our Sales and Channel enablement teams you will develop sales training materials around Thales’s products and services – PPTs and interactive materials
- Social media: write and propose blog topics
- Researching, creating materials and educating organization on any compliance regulations that require an Identity protection and access management solution
- Web site: maintain content for any related pages concerning our data protection products: ensure content is up to date, update CTAs and lead gen based on the latest marketing programs
- Creating slide decks for webinars and speaking engagements and in some cases participating in these events
- Award submissions
- Coordinating customer product notifications and/or customer upsell/cross sell campaigns
- Generating thought-leadership materials, related to current topics in the IAM space
- Presenting webinars and presentations – ability and desire to speak in front of an audience
Bachelor Degree in business, communications or marketing, or equivalent area of relevance
5+ years of product or marketing experience. Marketing experience in the technology or security space, specific to Finance and/or cloud services is a plus!
- Ability to understand security technologies, their value and have the ability to uplift their value such that less familiar customers and sales teams can grasp the new concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with Social Media
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; video / audio presentation software a plus
- Collaborative mindset and prepared to work with marketing, sales, engineering and PM teams and drive projects across teams.
- A strong desire to learn cutting edge new technologies
- Attention to detail
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products/solutions in the market
- Sales and partner enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales teams and distribution channels
- Develop the sales tools and lead generation tools that support the selling process of Thales products (presentations, white papers, sales guides and demos etc…)
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to sell against them
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Understanding typical customer use case scenarios and associated security risks
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.