Location: Austin, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
The Marketing Manager, for the Global Marketing Programs will be responsible for the tactical execution of strategic global marketing campaigns and programs designed to generate awareness, preference, and demand for Thales’ data protection products, services and solutions. The Senior Manager will coordinate with various stakeholders and SMEs across the organization to develop global campaigns and activities that provide a consistent, compelling and customer-focused message in the market.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Build and execute global campaigns and programs using the appropriate mix of marketing channels and activities. This includes the development of tactical marketing plans, creative and messaging briefs, copy for the web, white papers, eBooks, email, video scripts, ad creative, social media, etc., and internal and external presentations.
- Oversee and provide strategic direction for global and online display activities in relation to products, services and solutions targeting key audiences and geographic regions.
- Measure and report on performance of marketing campaigns and activities; Make recommendations for testing and improvement.
- Work with Field Marketing on the development, coordination and management of global campaigns.
- Support other global campaign activities as assigned.
Qualification/ Skills/ Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing.
8+ years of marketing and communications experience
- Must be highly organized and good at coordinating and completing details of projects.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and track multiple projects.
- Must be energetic and innovative.
- Comprehensive experience with the following marketing program components: online marketing (email, paid search, paid social, online display), webinars, direct mail.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills; Experience writing SEO-friendly copy a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with members in remote locations.
- Creative concepting skills a plus.
- Must be able to integrate other departments’ feedback into deliverables without compromising the message or integrity of the program.
- Must be flexible to changing business needs.
- Ability to work with and manage outside creative agencies and generate new ideas and designs.
- Understanding of B2B buying cycle.
- Understanding of network/data security and/or cloud computing, or ability to demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and their business drivers quickly.
- A proven track record in marketing and communications within an IT environment
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications plans based on sales and business goals
- Experience in developing and implementing lead generation and lead nurturing activities that drive sales growth
- Experience of working in a global matrix structure
- Both a team player and a self-starter, with a strong drive and goal orientated approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in CRM systems (i.e. SFDC), marketing automation tools (i.e., Pardot), content management systems, and database management
- Some knowledge of HTML preferred
Licensures, Certifications: NA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: (% of time)
Program Execution and Delivery (70%)
- Manage specific marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Asses what marketing tactics need to be utilized.
- Assess what marketing assets need to be developed.
- Map marketing assets to different audiences’ needs throughout the buying cycle.
- Coordinate and assist in the development of many different types of marketing assets, including materials for web, email, presentations, print, interactive, and webinars.
- Assist in creative development of all campaign themes and messages as required.
- With product and segment SMEs, build and maintain detailed understanding of external program positioning, messaging, buyer personas and product line information.
- Provide marketing expertise and messaging input for all key campaign assets including customer facing educational and promotional materials, as well as internal communications.
Marketing & Sales Enablement (internal and partner) (10%)
- Develop internal communication strategy to educate and promote global marketing program launches and ongoing activities to field marketing and sales teams.
- Create materials/content, tools and any required training on new marketing programs for sales, both direct and channel.
Cross-team Collaboration, Assessment, and Implementation (20%)
- Must work closely with other groups, including field marketing, communications, digital marketing, creative services, and product marketing.
- Gather, assess, and integrate feedback as appropriate.
- Create shared global program goals and define metrics for measurement.
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.