Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
The role of the field support engineer is to provide excellent assistance to TME client (AF&AD) through performing/overseeing engineering and technical support and training, preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections and securing a high level of performance of the radars needs and performance.
The role may involve working at overseas location(s) in support of the Customer deployment team or frequently at remote client locations and may involve being exposed to inhospitable climatic conditions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend the training sessions in UAE for AF&AD operators and maintainers.
- Perform Preventive & Corrective Maintenance.
- Prepare and follow up various inspections.
- Oversee the tasks performed by the maintenance staff.
- Monitor that correct services and repair procedures are implemented and advice as necessary.
- Utilize technical publications and embedded training to develop on-the-job-training procedures.
- Perform publication verification and propose changes to technical data when required, in consultation with the support from the Seller’s office.
- Support the development of the operational capabilities.
- Provide THE BUYER Technical support.
- Provide support on site deployment/installation.
- Assist in the implementation of new software patches received from suppliers/ contractors and reviews results with superiors for necessary following up.
- Oversee supply chain activities to maintain KPIs within limits.
- Report to LMW Manager LLR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- achelors Degree in Telecommunications/Electronics Experience in Radar or Radio Technology and Maintenance will be a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude along with basic computer skills
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Linus OS
- Prior experience in installing electronic and/or mechanical systems
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, excellent verbal and written skills in English.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!