Location: Vienna, Austria
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Test Manager for Train Control Systems (f/m)
- Planning, coordination, preparation, execution and support of test activities for customer projects for ETCS Level 2 track side system for railway companies. This includes:
- Preparation and release of test documentation,
- Performance of integration and system tests,
- Verification of results,
- Preparation and release of test reports and
- Management of deviations within system engineering
- Completed technical education in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Railway Engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software and/or hardware testing
- Ideally ISTQB “foundation level” and “advanced level / Test Manager
- Process working and solution oriented
- High level of German and English
- Full, valid eligibility to work in Austria
- Full time employment contract with competitive remuneration based on skills and experience. The statutory minimum wage for this position is 49.000,-- g.p.a.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities.
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site canteen with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Job Ticket.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!