Location: Vienna, Austria
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Technical Project Manager for Turnkey Railway Projects (f/m)
- Responsible for the realization of the technical end-to-end solution in the field of train control and railway signaling systems
- Ensure technical project milestone fulfillment to achieve goals and meet/exceed customer expectations
- Establish trust with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, eliminating non-value-added activities and blockers, and also finding creative ways to accelerate project delivery
- Communicate status and critical issues clearly in a short and concise format
- Manage issues and risks, create mitigation plans and escalate to appropriate stakeholders as necessary
- University degree in Railway Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 3 years proven working experience in technical project management
- Positive attitude and persistence are key to succeed in this role
- Competitive mindset, strong desire to “win”
- Comfortable with a highly dynamic and changing work environment
- Excellent client-facing communication in German and English language, Hungarian language beneficial
- Railway domain knowledge including technical safety and security is an advantage
- Project Management certification appreciated
- Full, valid eligibility to work in Austria
- Attractive remuneration based on skills and experience. The statutory minimum wage for this position is 42.000,-- g.p.a. We may provide a significant overpayment in accordance with experience and qualification.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- Great accessibility by public transport and various benefits like flexible working time with home office policy, on-site cantine with company subsidy and Wiener Linien Job Ticket.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!