Location: Vergiate, Italy
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Vergiate hosts Avionics (AWS) domain. The activity of AWS domain: front desk reparations for civil and military operators, support on the ground and in flight, technical support for A/C developers, operators and maintenance centers.
The Supply Chain Officer at Thales Avionics Services Worldwide (Italy) will be responsible for carrying of the activities relating to the management of the on-board reprogramming modules, from reception to delivery, including the reprogramming activities.
The Supply Chain Officer at Thales will have for main missions:
- To receive all equipment arriving at the site, either for programming or for consignment
- To open the packs, perform the visual & document inspection, as per the company procedures
- To open all associated files within our ERP (SAP R3)
- To verify shipment bills, orders and quality documents
- To coordinate with central teams the activity to be performed: programming or consignment
- To decide activity to be performed (managing the previsions)
- To perform programming activities as per decision taken
- To prepare quality documentation for release of equipment
- To perform all conditioning & packaging activities for the equipment to be shipped
- To prepare invoice
- To perform necessary controls and administrative operations linked to shipment, and to prepare all transportation documents necessary to delivery
- To interface with customs agent
- To ensure the shipment, liaising with transportation companies
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- University diploma with supply chain specialization (+2 or +3)
- A previous experience in supply chain activities is a plus, junior accepted
- Computer skills knowledge: office suite, basic programming, SAP use is a plus
- IT friendly (both programming and use of specific ERP)
- Languages: Italian (good talking, reading & writing) is mandatory. Good knowledge of English (talking, reading & writing) is required; French (notions) is a plus
- Team work & adaptability
- Aeronautical culture appreciated
- Qualities: polyvalent (aiming at performing different tasks during the day), structured, organized, rigorous, curious, autonomous, reactive, proactive and flexible
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!