Location: Warszawa (job posting), Poland
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is a global leader in the field of providing security systems for surface transport, airspace, defense operations and electronic transactions. In the field of rail transport, Thales is one of the leading suppliers of railway automation systems and a leader in the implementation of ETCS by providing automation of railway traffic control while maintaining the maximum safety of transport, passengers and goods. In Poland, Thales effectively supports the development of rail networks as a leader in the field of railway automation and develops new areas of business by offering technologically advanced solutions for the army, the aviation industry, transport, telecommunications and the public sector.
Our business is growing and we are looking for IFEC Junior Line Maintenance Technician to join the Thales IFE team based in WAW Chopin Airport. The IFEC Junior Line Maintenance Technician performs line maintenance work, installation work and ground equipment maintenance work on the Thales In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems in accordance with airline customers’ maintenance manuals and internal operating procedures.
* Responsible for maintenance and services of IFEC system on-board customer aircraft in accordance with GMM, applicable regulations, customer requirements, Company’s policy and procedures and local station’s requirements (where applicable).
* Perform Buil-In Test (BITE) and manual tests of IFEC system.
* Troubleshoot Line Replaceable Units and/or cabling to identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require reloading of the current software, replacement of LRUs/SRUs/cable assemblies.
* Use the appropriate and applicable Customer Approved Technical Data when performing any IFE work.
* Document work accomplished iaw customer’s requirements, GMM and station’s procedures.
* Use the appropriate GSE equipment for task assigned.
* Performs data and administrative entries using the current ATS Maintenance Tracking and documentation system.
* Use tools accountability.
* Follow and comply with part 6 of the GMM (IFEC Line Maintenance Ops).
* Check work after completion and pay attention to details.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ensure the cleanliness of facility, tools, vehicles and equipment.
* Use safety net when performing task assigned.
* Follow calibration rules when using calibrated tool.
* Report unsafe act and prevent unsafe behavior.
* Assist other LMTs when required.
* Perform other duties as directed by your immediate supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
* Education - university or high school diploma from avionics, electronics, IT, mechatronics or similar;
* Knowledge about IT networking, Linux, mySQL preferred;
* Ability to read technical documentation and technical drawings;
* Able to obtain and maintain local airport entry Badge;
* Ability to communicate in English (B2 level or higher preferred);
* B category driving license required;
* Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally;
* Ability to work in shifts (5 days on/ 3 days off pattern; working during early and evening shifts).
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!