Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
For its cybersecurity activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a :
Information Security Risk Management Consultant
You will support our customers in identifying their cyber security risk landscape and advise them on a pragmatic course of action to lower their exposure to such risk. As such, you will be in charge of:
- Understanding their specific business or operational objectives to outline their priorities;
- Understanding the industry-related regulatory requirements that might influence their aversion against cyber threats;
- Assessing their current cyber security posture against good practices or industry standards;
- Coordinating and/or performing cyber security risk assessments on the business or operational activities to identify cyber security risks that may specifically affect them;
- Defining cybersecurity risk treatment plans to ensure appropriate coverage of identified risks in line with internal and external requirements;
- Coordinating the implementation of the selected risk treatment options supported by a network of experts;
- Conducting compliance assessment and monitoring activities to ensure the achievement of the cybersecurity objectives;
- Reporting progress and results of the above activities to a wide audience, including senior executives.
Through your understanding of the context in which our customers evolve and your tailored expertise, you will further contribute to the expansion of our cybersecurity practice by also:
- Assisting in proposal development;
- Supporting the sales team in answering customer requests;
- Promoting our cybersecurity experience during internal and external events.
We are looking for the following personal traits:
- Passionate about information risk and security with a strong drive and enthusiasm for the subject;
- An inspirational leader keen to motivate and get the most out of the organization’s information risks and security experts, aligning colleagues towards the achievement of business objectives;
- Good at forming productive working relationships - liaising with various specialists, advisors, managers and influencers throughout the organization, and third parties such as business partners, suppliers, customers, authorities etc., on information risk and security matters;
- A strategic thinker – able to step back from the short- and medium-term issues to see the longer-term changes and threats relating to information and seize valuable opportunities for improvement;
- Personal integrity and credibility – high ideals, tempered by a pragmatic, realistic approach.
- Accurate, structured and methodical approach to work;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that appeal to a wide audience;
- Willingness to mentor and coach team members. Business and customer driven.
The following qualifications and skills are relevant and desirable for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems Security, Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of Information Security Governance or Information Security Risk Management, or in the assessment or implementation of Information Security;
- Possessing relevant certifications such as CISM, CRISC, CISSP or similar;
- Solid knowledge of Information Security principles and best practices such as ISO/IEC 27001 (Information Security Management System), ISO/IEC 27035 (Information Security Incident Management), ISO22301 (Business Continuity Management), NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST 800-53, ISF Information Risk Assessment Methodology (IRAM), EBIOS, SANS CIS Critical Security Controls and similar;
- Strong ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Fluent in Dutch or French and English
By joining Thales Belgium, you choose to embark on a journey that will combine the solidity of a large innovation driven group and the agility of a human-sized structure. We further strive at fostering personal development and offer multiple evolution opportunities within the organization.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!