Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a :
HF/RF Senior Engineer
Thales Belgium Hardware Products Department – Competence center – is responsible for R&D activities related to radios HF band (1.5 to 30 MHz) equipment that contribute to the Thales Group portfolio. As such, this Department leads the work for architecture, research and development, integration, validation, qualification and industrialization of Thales HF tactical products.
- You will be responsible for the design and development, of analogue RF products. This includes analysis of customer specifications, sub-system and detailed design, design integration and qualification, follow up of the design into production.
- Your field of activities will be centered on HF and VHF transmitter design (1.5 to 300 MHz) including power amplifiers, filtering, antenna matching units and antenna systems.
- You will work inside an enthusiast pluri-disciplinary engineering team which will gives you the opportunity to evolve and enlarge your competence.
- Your work will be performed taking into account high level international standards and in house quality procedures (ISO and Civil Aviation standards).
- Required level of studies and experience:
- Civil or Industrial engineer in electronics-telecommunication.
- At least 10 years of experience in hardware development.
- Analog RF hardware circuits design. Additional digital knowledge incorporating Processors, digital signal processors is welcome.
- Experience in analogue circuits simulations tools like Spice, ADS, MW Office.
- Experience with HF/RF technologies, signal analysis, power amplifiers, LNAs, etc.
- Hands-on laboratory work including RF tuning and testing using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and other RF test equipment.
- Guide layout engineers in the design and development of HF/RF circuits.
- Design robustness analysis (Worst case, Part stress, Failure Mode analysis).
- Knowledge of RF optimization techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge in Digital Signal Processing algorithms and waveform is a plus.
- Strong problem solving, debug and failure analysis skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms across different management levels.
- Abstract mental capacity and a wide interest in technology. Innovative, creative and avid learner.
- Amateur radio enthusiasts are definitely welcome.
- Ability to work in team. Taste for international contacts. Manifest the flexibility needed to be integrated in the different stages of a project.
- Strong knowledge of English is required. In addition, the candidate should preferably be fluent in French and/or Dutch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!