Location: Tubize, Belgium
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
Thales Belgium is currently recruiting a (M/F)
- Integrated in the CyberSecurity team of the InfoSec department, the candidate will be involved in the cybersecurity aspects of the developed products and systems;
- Participate to the product cybersecurity pentesting by developing tools or supporting the development teams;
- Be in contact with the Product Design Authority and the Integration and Validation team to set-up the security tests and audits;
- Be involved in the development of prototypes and proofs of concept of security/crypto components;
- Participate to the bids regarding the security aspects;
- Have up-to-date vision regarding security of embedded systems;
- Provide advise for cybersecurity requirements;
- Perform security evaluation of requirements/designs;
- Participate to the security evaluation of embedded systems including the document writing;
- Provide trainings on cybersecurity aspects (e.g., best practices for secure coding, practical attacks against security components, …);
- Master/PhD Degree in Computer/Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering or Computer Science;
- Very good command of English.
Knowledge and background
- At least 3 years of industrial experience in information security-related field
- strong background in software and OS security
- clear understanding of most common SW/OS-related vulnerabilities
- ability to give advices on designs and architectures
- Penetration testing skills;
- Knowledge of cryptography, network, and hardware security;
- Knowledge of security-related aspects of product development processes
- Knowledge in two of the following areas: applied cryptography, vulnerability assessments, common criteria evaluation;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VHDL/Verilog, ASM, C/C++ and/or python.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Autonomy, sense of initiative and leadership;
- Both technical and management skills;
- Rigorousness, commitment and accountability, ability to take and meet commitments;
- Capacity for innovation;
- Ability to convince the stake holders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team spirit, listening and communication skills.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!