Location: Tubize, Belgium
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
For its activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a :
You will be part of a of the Engineering team of the company.
You will be performing your mission at the customer’s premises, i.e. Eurocontrol HQ located in Brussels. Eurocontrol is an intergovernmental organisation made of 41 countries in charge of managing the Air Traffic Management network within Europe. Eurocontrol is engaged in a digital transformation with the help of Thales Belgium. You will be part of a multinational team in charge of specifying new software functions required to achieve this transformation the ATM network manager. The working language is English, French is an asset.
Main Responsibilities & Profile:
The following qualifications shall be provided by the candidate:
- A formal bachelor degree or higher in Software Engineering. In case this is not available, the equivalent through professional experience and professional training, is possible with approval from EUROCONTROL,
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills,
- Convinced of the importance of integrating automatic regression tests as part of the coding activities,
- Good team member,
- Experience in using software configuration and change management processes and tools,
- Experience with OO design and development techniques,
- Experience with Agile development methodologies,
- Quality minded,
- Ability to write/contribute to design documents,
- Ability to work under tight schedules and pressure,
- Ability to produce unambiguous, detailed testable requirements.
In addition, the following skills are strong advantages for a junior position and are required for a senior position:
- Experience in analysis and specification of complex safety critical systems, preferably in the Air Traffic Management domain,
- Experience with UML and related modelling tools such as Rational Rose or Enterprise Architect,
- Knowledge of data modelling, object oriented technology, SOA,
- Knowledge of the Network Manager business
- Solid experience in Requirement Management process and tools
- Stress resistant, autonomy, sense of initiative
- Versatility and flexibility
- Customer driven and quality oriented
- Interdisciplinary and creative, end-to-end commitment, focused and persistent
- Team player, listening and communication skills, English proficiency mandatory
If you are looking for:
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!