Location: Tokyo, Japan
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales Japan has been present in Japan for more than 40 years and has been responsible for expanding our business as well as supporting the local users. Thales objectives are to be an active and recognised partner for the development of infrastructure in Japan and to cooperate with Japanese companies in the export market for defence, transportation, aerospace, space and security.
As a Channel Account Manager for Data Protection (Key Management & Encryption), CPL, DIS BU in Japan, you will be responsible for managing a specific strategic account(s) for Thales’s nationally or potentially globally. Tasked with creating, developing and executing sales strategies for new and assigned account(s) as well as generating accurate and realistic sales forecasts. Potentially focusing on Data Protection product and Cloud solution (DPoD- Data Protection On Demand & CCKM - CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager) through MSP (Managed Service Provider), MSSP (Managed Security Service Provider) or other local partners such as System Integrators, Distributors, or Resellers.
A week in the life of a Regional Sales Manager:
- You will manage, develop and grow strategic prospects and new and existing channel / customer relationships.
- You will identify, qualify and quantify all opportunities within a new and an assigned account(s).
- You will develop and deliver accurate and technically correct sales presentations to potential customers.
- You will manage all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of the customer relationship at all levels and the implementation of the account plans.
- You will deliver on set objectives to achieve revenue and growth targets
- You will work with sales support staff (SEs), pre and post sales staff to further customer relationships forecast,track account opportunities, and close the deal.
- You will possibly manage your own team members in the future when business is expanding.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: capability to develop new business & new customers by closing complicated deals and multi-year deals from discovering sales opportunities to contract completion. You should be able to up-sell strategic / custom solution to a strategic account as well as penetrating and closing strategic targets.
- We would like someone to join our team who has business and results-oriented mindset, excellent inter-personal skills, and strong presentation skills. You must be customer-oriented and a natural leader.
- You must have a Bachelor degree in related field.
- We are looking for someone with 10+ years of sales experience in IT industries and at least 3 years of experience at major account sales.
- We would like someone who has strong personal network & strong experience working with/ for major system integrators, MSPs, MSSPs, major cloud service providers, distributors, resellers, and other major enterprises as a channel
- We would like someone who has strong experience in cloud environment (IDaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DPaas or any other SaaS business model and operation)
- Sales team management experience is plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!