Location: Texas, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join Guavus, a Thales company. As a Maintenance Engineer for the Data Analytics group, you will be a part of a team that is working on technology impacting every area of our lives and fundamentally changing the world—from the way businesses operate, to the way people interact, to identifying new healthcare breakthroughs, and discovering ways to care for the environment. At Guavus, working in this age of vast information and endless possibilities inspires us… We know that big data is only going to grow more complex, and more exciting.If this is something that excites you, please apply now!
- Engage with customers to ensure they have a positive solution experience while meeting customers’ requirements on ROI from our platform and solution
- Demonstrate expert technical DevOps troubleshooting and case management skills
- Onsite customer troubleshooting and documentation/communication of status
- Communicate at all levels in the customer and Guavus organization
- Provide leadership in problem-solving, including proposing and discussing fixes, advising and educating customers
- Coordinate at regular intervals with Customer to track critical milestone e.g. go-live releases or upgrades, ensure availability and focus on flawless service and operations delivery
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to track status and drive product fixes & feature requests
- Be the point of escalation for the Customer to report concerns on quality or timelines, or for other critical issues needing immediate attention
- Understand schedules and work assignments in Kanban Agile
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
Required Skills and Experience:
- As needed, able to commit to a small percentage of travel on-sites and provide customer solutions during odd hours and weekends
- Prepared and willing to work during odd hours for maintenance windows (e.g. a few days a week between 10 pm and midnight on a regular basis)
- 3 – 5 years of experience deploying complex custom software in a technology-oriented company, preferably Wireless or Telecom domain.
- Ability to demonstrate solid skills in Unix/Linux and shell programming
- Practical understanding of Ansible, Kubernetes/Docker, Kafka and implementation of the solutions based upon these tools
- Knowledge of networking, servers, and storage
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Must have completed minimum one project end-to-end in a technical System Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Deployment Engineer role
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as Salesforce, JIRA and Confluence
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Certification in Cloud e.g. AWS/Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of support processes, KPIs & SLA management is required
- Ability to handle escalations and drive customer communications on daily basis
- Proven ability to learn and apply new skills and processes quickly and train others in team
- Demonstrated experience as an individual contributor with customer focus and service orientation, with solid leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with customers, third-party vendors, and partners
- Project management certification
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.