Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Today, they develop solutions for the data-based, autonomous and immersive world of tomorrow – from autonomous vehicle control systems to collaborative combat systems, from interconnected cockpits to safe clouds and cyber-secure communication, from self-learning radar systems to virtual reality solutions for training and predictive maintenance. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation.
As a recognised part of the German high-tech industry, we develop tomorrow's key technologies today. We offer innovative, highly secure, robust and highly available communication, information and control systems as well as services for safe land, air and maritime traffic, for civil and military safety and protection requirements, and in the field of digital identity and cyber security. Furthermore, we develop and manufacture satellite components for national programmes and for the global market.
Our solutions for command and signalling technology make rail services safe and efficient. Sophisticated technologies help to bring billions of people reliably to their destinations by rail every year. Our ticketing systems process more than 50 million transactions per day. We have equipped the 75 km metro system in Dubai – the world’s longest driverless underground system – with an end-to-end solution.
Thales Deutschland with its headquarters in Ditzingen has about 3,900 employees at 11 locations with their own production and development.
System Architect Railway Traffic Management (m/w/d)
for our activities in the field of transportation at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
Creating system architectures and system requirements for customer projects in the field of railway traffic management
It also involves the following tasks:
- Analysis of customer requirements, participation in the system design draft, creation of system specifications
- Modeling of operational processes and applications in the area:
- Creation and processing of annual / daily timetables
- Conflict detection and conflict solution
- Incident Management and Alarm Handling
- Manual and Automatic Route Setting
- Shunting Areas
- Possession Management
- Temporary Speed Restrictions
- Recording and playback functions
- Simulation and training scenarios
- Participation in our digitalized system strategy
- Detailed arrangements with the customers, internal and external partners - also international site / transnational cooperation, e.g. Implementation of technical workshops
- Creation of system documents, review of product specifications / architectures
- Technical project support including error assessment
- Degree in technical studies (preferably railway signaling, information technology or computer science)
- Good knowledge of railway operations and the products
- Experience in technical analysis and description of complex systems
- Experience with system architectures and functions of traffic management systems
- Very good knowledge of modern HMI, web-based environments and big data applications
- Good knowledge of requirements engineering and system modeling (Doors, modeling tools)
- Good knowledge of approval procedures and relevant standards are beneficial
- Good knowledge of Agile, Lean beneficial (Scrum)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Ability to work in international teams and to capture and share complex context
- Very good communication skills
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to know more? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 42869
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/europe/germany/career-thales-germany
What we offer you:
We understand the needs and interests of all people at Thales. The personal and professional development as well as the advancement of teams are very important to us and we invest a lot. We offer a wide portfolio of training opportunities. We honour accomplishments and provide an attractive compensation policy.
An open dialogue and transparency are actively practised and demonstrated. We actively promote diversity, create the necessary framework conditions and commit to a resolute support for all forms of diversity. We are convinced that mixed teams get the best results and that equal opportunities are a matter of course. For our exemplary dedication in terms of a personnel management based on equal opportunities we were given the TOTAL E-QUALITY award. Special programmes promote diversity and inclusion as well as compatibility of family and career. We assist our employees with the balancing act between private life and the exciting challenges at Thales.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!