Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Together we develop the future by shaping the world around us – here and now! Passion for innovations and breakthrough technologies is what drives us ever onwards. Every day we develop smart solutions for safety-critical applications in the rail technology, aerospace, defence and security sectors.
Our control and safety technology solutions make rail travel safe and efficient. Every year, our technologies help to get many millions of rail travellers reliably to their destinations. Our ticketing systems process more than 50 million transactions on a daily basis all over the world – and we provided a complete solution for Dubai’s underground railway, the largest driverless system in the world.
Senior Component Engineer (m/w/d)
In the Transportation division at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
In this role you ensure the component standardization, availability, and high quality. Responsibilities include component selection, qualification, obsolescence analyzing, bill-of-material review, supplier technical interface, and database management. The components are used in new and legacy high reliability rail signalling systems with long service life.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain a generic component strategy for Thales Transportation Systems worldwide.
- Component engineering services to ensure component standardization, availability, and high quality
- Component Selection and qualification according Group wide standards, bill-of-material review, supplier technical interface and data base management
- Co-engineering with electronic design engineers in selection of parts that best fit their requirements
- Maintain the Authorized Components Lists and Authorized Manufacturer List in line with Group wide standards
- Reviewing and managing requests for new components (strategic)
- Approving component changes, additions, deletions, replacements
- Managing and track requests for symbols and footprints creation of components
- Manage export control and environmental constraints concerning components (REACH, ROHS, RISL).
- Participating in design reviews for the purpose of component selection and standardization
- Support Obsolescence Monitoring and EOL Management compliant to EN62402
- Creation and managing component specification for safety railway applications
- compliance to EN50129
- Superwise data maintenance for Thales Component Information System (TCIS)
- Interfacing with Thales Corporate Component Team, Hardware Design Teams, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Obsolescence Management and Suppliers
- Technical degree (Electronics Engineering preferred)
- Experience in Components Engineering in Rail Signalling, Aerospace, Avionics, Automotive or high reliability electronics systems
- Experience in analyzing electronic circuits and component application
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and data base skills required
- Good German and English language skills
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to know more? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 35291
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/de/career/thales-erleben
What we offer you:
At Thales, we take very good care of our people. We invest a lot in our employees’ personal and professional development and in the promotion of teams, because these are very important issues for us. This is why we founded our internal Thales University, to offer you a broad portfolio of training and further education programs. We commend performance and our attractive salary policy will impress you.
Thales Germany actively promotes and practices a policy of open dialogue and transparency. Professional equality between women and men of all nationalities, and a good work-life balance are a matter of course for us. We have created special programs to encourage diversity and reconcile work and family, helping our employees to enjoy both their family lives and their exciting challenges with Thales.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!