Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Today, they develop solutions for the data-based, autonomous and immersive world of tomorrow – from autonomous vehicle control systems to collaborative combat systems, from interconnected cockpits to safe clouds and cyber-secure communication, from self-learning radar systems to virtual reality solutions for training and predictive maintenance. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation.
As a recognised part of the German high-tech industry, we develop tomorrow's key technologies today. We offer innovative, highly secure, robust and highly available communication, information and control systems as well as services for safe land, air and maritime traffic, for civil and military safety and protection requirements, and in the field of digital identity and cyber security. Furthermore, we develop and manufacture satellite components for national programmes and for the global market.
Our solutions for command and signalling technology make rail services safe and efficient. Sophisticated technologies help to bring billions of people reliably to their destinations by rail every year. Our ticketing systems process more than 50 million transactions per day. We have equipped the 75 km metro system in Dubai – the world’s longest driverless underground system – with an end-to-end solution.
Thales Deutschland with its headquarters in Ditzingen has about 3,900 employees at 11 locations with their own production and development.
Project Design Authority/Technical Project Manager (m/w/d) for Railway Traffic Management Solutions
for our activities in the field of transportation at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
In this role you are accountable for our Traffic Management Solutions to meet customer needs as well as technical and commercial constraints, within the Bid and the Project team. The Project Design Authority is the technical leader, acts as primary technical interface to the customer.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Analyse customer needs and requirements and assess the solution architecture and technical choices
- Clarify system functions for traffic management according customer operation use cases (TMS functions like: creation of time tables, conflict resolutions, incident management and alarm handling, manual and automatic route setting, shunting areas, possession management, temporary speed restrictions, recording and playback functions, simulation and training)
- Create and continuously update the solution roadmap
- Ensure solution compliance with customer needs, product policy, rules & regulations
- Organize technical meetings and peer reviews together with the project management and other technical stakeholders and experts, in order to perform the Solution technical assessment and validation for bids and projects
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of methods and practices of the PDA
- Actively manage technical risks and technical opportunities
- Manage all technical stakeholders; ensure that strong communications and understanding is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- Ensure that appropriate technical governance is established and maintained within the project
- Degree in technical engineering and/or suitable experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and practice
- Minimum 5 year experience understanding of railway signalling and traffic management technology, railway operation
- Very Good knowledge of Traffic Management Systems
- Very Good knowledge of modern UI, web-based environments and big data applications
- Good knowledge of railway operation, products in safety relevant context
- Strong technical understanding of railway operation
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience as a customer interface
- Experience in international technical leadership roles working across national and transnational boundaries
- Very good English skills
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to know more? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 35291
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/europe/germany/career-thales-germany
What we offer you:
We understand the needs and interests of all people at Thales. The personal and professional development as well as the advancement of teams are very important to us and we invest a lot. We offer a wide portfolio of training opportunities. We honour accomplishments and provide an attractive compensation policy.
An open dialogue and transparency are actively practised and demonstrated. We actively promote diversity, create the necessary framework conditions and commit to a resolute support for all forms of diversity. We are convinced that mixed teams get the best results and that equal opportunities are a matter of course. For our exemplary dedication in terms of a personnel management based on equal opportunities we were given the TOTAL E-QUALITY award. Special programmes promote diversity and inclusion as well as compatibility of family and career. We assist our employees with the balancing act between private life and the exciting challenges at Thales.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!