Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Today, they develop solutions for the data-based, autonomous and immersive world of tomorrow – from autonomous vehicle control systems to collaborative combat systems, from interconnected cockpits to safe clouds and cyber-secure communication, from self-learning radar systems to virtual reality solutions for training and predictive maintenance. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation.
As a recognised part of the German high-tech industry, we develop tomorrow's key technologies today. We offer innovative, highly secure, robust and highly available communication, information and control systems as well as services for safe land, air and maritime traffic, for civil and military safety and protection requirements, and in the field of digital identity and cyber security. Furthermore, we develop and manufacture satellite components for national programmes and for the global market.
Our solutions for command and signalling technology make rail services safe and efficient. Sophisticated technologies help to bring billions of people reliably to their destinations by rail every year. Our ticketing systems process more than 50 million transactions per day. We have equipped the 75 km metro system in Dubai – the world’s longest driverless underground system – with an end-to-end solution.
Thales Deutschland with its headquarters in Ditzingen has about 3,900 employees at 11 locations with their own production and development.
Product Line Architect (m/f/d) Digital Field Elements Subsystems
for our activities in the field of transportation at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
The Thales Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) Global Business Unit has recently reorganized its hardware and middleware activities into an international Meta-competence centre with teams in 6 countries. For the Digital Field Element Subsystems including Safe Control Equipment (DCA) and Field Elements Point, Signal and I/O the Product Line Architect is in charge of architecture, technical choices & roadmap throughout their Lifecycle.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Product Line Architect Digital Field Element Subsystems is responsible for architecture, technical choices & roadmap throughout their Lifecycle.
- Acts as the technical leader for the Subsystem Digital Field Element.
- Analyses the Product needs/requirements prepared by the PLM, to define the Product technical solution, including architecture and technical choices, with the best trade-off between those requirements and: schedule, NRC/RC costs, Core/Non-core & Strategic Make-Team-Buy, maintainability objectives and risks & opportunities..
- Checks together with the PLM the production and the maintenance/service aspects of the Product
- Maintains the Platform Plan and Roadmap
- Product technical definition & functionalities, architecture & building blocks,
- Prepares the technical part of the Need Specification & of the Statement of Work for the Product Development baseline.
- Defines & manages all variability, commonality & re-use across the Product Line & throughout the Product lifecycle.
- Participates in Engineering reviews, technical meetings or peer reviews during the bid or project.
- Participates in Product Decision Reviews.
- Close collaboration with purchasing and suppliers
- Towards bids & projects using the Digital Field Element Subsystems:
- Close coordination to detect and mitigate risks of divergence with Product Line technical roadmap.
- For a Product development: verifies the implementation of the Platform Policy
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science
- 5 years of experience in hardware or software engineering
- 3years of experience in signaling domain
- Experience in field element control solutions and field elements (point, Light, IO) recommended
- High developed Engineering skills
- Well-developed verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally in a variety of forums
- Well-developed writing skills to prepare effective reports, documents, etc. in a clear and concise format
- Highly flexible team player, organized, motivated
- Very good English skills
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to know more? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 35291
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/europe/germany/career-thales-germany
What we offer you:
We understand the needs and interests of all people at Thales. The personal and professional development as well as the advancement of teams are very important to us and we invest a lot. We offer a wide portfolio of training opportunities. We honour accomplishments and provide an attractive compensation policy.
An open dialogue and transparency are actively practised and demonstrated. We actively promote diversity, create the necessary framework conditions and commit to a resolute support for all forms of diversity. We are convinced that mixed teams get the best results and that equal opportunities are a matter of course. For our exemplary dedication in terms of a personnel management based on equal opportunities we were given the TOTAL E-QUALITY award. Special programmes promote diversity and inclusion as well as compatibility of family and career. We assist our employees with the balancing act between private life and the exciting challenges at Thales.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!