Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Today, they develop solutions for the data-based, autonomous and immersive world of tomorrow – from autonomous vehicle control systems to collaborative combat systems, from interconnected cockpits to safe clouds and cyber-secure communication, from self-learning radar systems to virtual reality solutions for training and predictive maintenance. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation.
As a recognised part of the German high-tech industry, we develop tomorrow's key technologies today. We offer innovative, highly secure, robust and highly available communication, information and control systems as well as services for safe land, air and maritime traffic, for civil and military safety and protection requirements, and in the field of digital identity and cyber security. Furthermore, we develop and manufacture satellite components for national programmes and for the global market.
Whether on the ground or in space: Together with Thales Alenia Space we make important contributions to international space programmes like Galileo or ExoMars. On board of thousands of satellites, more than 18,000 travelling wave tubes enable a reliable transmission of mission critical data for navigation and for earth or climate monitoring.
Thales Deutschland with its headquarters in Ditzingen has about 3,900 employees at 11 locations with their own production and development.
IVVQ Engineer (m/f/d)(Ref.Nr. R0079872)
For our activities in the field of space at our headquarters in Ditzingen near Stuttgart
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
We are currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Integration Verification and Qualification (IVQ)Engineer with a software or system engineering background to join our Galileo IVQ team within Thales Alenia Space Deutschland. Together with the IVQ team the IVQ Engineer will be responsible to prove the qualification status of the Galileo Ground Mission Segment (GMS) and the Galileo Security Facility (GSF) towards the customer.
It also involves the following tasks:
- Generation of test procedures that fulfil the customer requirements
- Installation, integration and configuration of software and hardware deliveries
- Identification and follow-up of system anomalies arising from test and integration activities
- Execution of tests witnessed by end customer
- Production of test documentation including results and evidences.
- Preparation and participation of test readiness reviews with the customer
- Contribute to, maintain and extend the test environment and tools
- Support onsite integration and test in the Galileo Control Centres in Fucino (Italy) and Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
- Ability to travel and spend periods located on Partner site in France necessary
- Degree in Engineering (System Engineering, Computer Science, …)
- Proven experience of 3-5 years in design and developmentof medium and large hardware and software systems ; Previous experience in system integration and verification testing would be an advantage
- Experience in integration and verification testing of medium and large hardware and software systems; experience in classified systems verification would be an advantage.
- Network expertise for configuration, architecture and analysis in a Linux or LynxOS environment, TCP/IP protocols, firewall and switch configuration and management is mandatory.
- Practical experience with database systems as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MariaDB.
- Experience in setup, modification and usage of computer hardware and virtualisation.
As a global player with projects all over the world, Thales is looking for candidates from different backgrounds and with different careers, because it’s the sheer diversity of our innovative and creative teams that drives our success – and that’s why this is also a key aspect of our personnel selection process.
Do you want to hear more about this position? The Talent Acquisition Team looks forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 32780
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at https://www.thalesgroup.com/de/career/thales-erleben
What we offer you:
We understand the needs and interests of all people at Thales. The personal and professional development as well as the advancement of teams are very important to us and we invest a lot. We offer a wide portfolio of training opportunities. We honour accomplishments and provide an attractive compensation policy.
An open dialogue and transparency are actively practised and demonstrated. We actively promote diversity, create the necessary framework conditions and commit to a resolute support for all forms of diversity. We are convinced that mixed teams get the best results and that equal opportunities are a matter of course. For our exemplary dedication in terms of a personnel management based on equal opportunities we were given the TOTAL E-QUALITY award. Special programmes promote diversity and inclusion as well as compatibility of family and career. We assist our employees with the balancing act between private life and the exciting challenges at Thales.