Location: Haryana, India
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. This candidate is expected to perform using best-fit practices for planning, scheduling, monitoring, tracking, and execution of our Global Products and Solutions.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations where autonomy is given. A solid understanding and experience with software development lifecycles and the Agile methodology is required. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is essential.
• Plan, initiate, and manage projects for Global Products and Solutions.
• Establish the right visibility for business stakeholders using data driven views.
• Ensure standardisation and compliance to product development process for a cross-functional stakeholder group.
• Build strong relationships with internal teams and thoroughly understand their development processes and needs.
• Guide development teams using the Agile Scrum framework: run backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, stand-ups, monitor burn down charts, resolve impediments to achieving goals, and coordinate retrospectives.
• Working with product managers and solutions architects to define and build towards product roadmaps and solution deliverables.
• Monitor project backlogs to ensure forward momentum with project execution.
• Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives.
• Own and drive the focus of continuous improvement in delivering products and solutions.
• Resolve project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
• Manage dependencies between multiple projects.
• Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning.
• Interact comfortably in one-to-one meetings with individual technical contributors and senior engineering and business leaders.
• Guide junior members of the program management team for optimisation of processes and collaboration.
• Overall 12+ years of experience in the technology and software development domain.
• 5+ years experience managing projects and programs within an enterprise software organization.
• 2+ years experience managing projects using Agile Methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
• Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices supporting complex programs.
• Experience in telecommunications networks 4G/LTE and big data technologies is a must.
• Experience managing data analytics programs or projects.
• Strong communication skills; skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication.
• B.S. or B.A. in an engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+ years of experience with project management and operational tools such as JIRA, Confluence wiki.
• Experience working within a production operations and/or IT organization.
• Strong practical and advanced theoretical understanding of managing the lifecycle of large-scale programs and projects.
• Solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
• Ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in a large organization.
• Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
• Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments.
• Experience in fostering collaboration and autonomy at a peer group level.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!