Location: Singapore, Singapore
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
- The Innovation Labs team is working on exploring new technology areas and related opportunities, proposing new ideas and translating new ideas all the way to production.
- In this role the Software Engineer will be working on Digital Security solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) area and is responsible for proposing, prototyping proof of concept (POC) of new ideas and implementation of overall solution in line with the best practices so that the POC prototypes can be productized easily.
- The new role is suitable for a Software Engineer who is passionate about embedded software development for IoT products and solutions with the emphasis of security.
- The Software Engineer must be able to work with agile teams located at different geographical location.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience Level: 2 to 4 years of Firmware development. Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ development
- Embedded software development experience using a real-time operating system such as MbedOS, AWS FreeRTOS, Zephyr OS or RIOT OS.
- Familiarity with firmware development for ARM Cortex-M, Cortex-A based boards.
- Familiarity with Bootloaders, Remote Firmware Update would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) Stacks
- Good software design and analytical skills
- Knowledge of software security and cryptography is an advantage
- Unit/function/system testing experience
- Experience with agile methodology is preferred
- Team player, dependable and able to take initiatives
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!