Location: Singapore, Singapore
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
As a Software Engineer in TEST in the Identity & Biometric Solutions R&D team, you are entrusted to
- Define and maintain software products’ test strategy, plans and executions based on products requirements
- Analyze existing automation framework and identifying the gaps to design, implement and improve software products’ test automation
- Continuously increase test automation coverage
- Maintain products’ CI/CD pipeline
- Identify issues or potential bugs and communicate it to the team
A week in the life of a Software Engineer in Test:
- You will participate in design reviews and the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure activities follow design control, software development, software testing comply with applicable procedures and standards.
- You will work together with the team in creating test strategies, test plans, automated test codes, test execution, follow up and reporting.
- You will participate in security risk assessment of mobile solutions - identifying assets, attacks and relevant applicable mitigations
- You will actively collaborate with world-wide technical organization and strategic partner on daily basis. Provide technical consultation to project team and distance counterparts.
- You will need to support customer deployment and maintenance activity.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical fields
- 4 years of experience in relevant industry
- Fluent in English and good communication skill (verbal & written)
- Proficient in Android test ecosystem (unit test, instrumentation test, espresso).
- Extensive experience in building test automation and writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
- Fluency in Java and/or Kotlin programming language
- Hands-on experience on continuous integration system (e.g. Jenkins)
- Have understanding of DVCS (mercurial / git)
- Strong interest in mobile application ecosystems
- Motivated self-starter, fast learner
- Logical, creative problem-solving skills and excellent analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge in mobile software security is a plus
- Experience in testing Spring Boot application is a plus
- Experience in iOS testing is a plus
- Fluency in other programming languages and/or scripting languages is a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!