Location: Singapore, Singapore
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
- The Innovation Labs team is responsible for exploring new technology areas and related opportunities, proposing new ideas and translating new ideas all the way to production.
- In this role the Software Engineer will be working within Biometrics and Machine learning area and is responsible for proposing, prototyping proof of concept (POC) of new ideas and implementation of overall solution in line with the best practices so that the POC prototypes can be productized easily.
- The new role is suitable for a Data Scientist who has experience in Image Processing and Deep learning. You must have good knowledge on: Image Filtering and Enhancing Techniques, Machine Learning supervised and unsupervised algorithms, Python/R, Spark/Hadoop, one of the Depth learning solutions (Tensor flow, Pytorch, Teano, Caffe, etc.).
- The Software Engineer must be able to work with an agile team located at different geographical location. Given the deep knowledge requirements, we are looking for either a phD graduate or someone with experience in a commercial projects.
- Education: Bachelor/ Master’s Degree – Computer Science or equivalent
- PhD Graduate – Image processing and Biometrics related topics
- Experience Level: 3+ years’ experience for non-PhD Graduate, with at least 1 year doing Deep Learning.
- Strong proficiency in Python/R, Spark/Hadoop, C/C++/Java development
- Strong in Image Processing and analytical skills
- Experienced with Machine Learning and Deep Learning, familiar with learning techniques, up-to-date with pre-trained models in market.
- Good working knowledge of tools such as Git/Mercurial, and Jenkins/Hudson
- UNIX/shell scripting, Linux administration.
- Experience with agile methodology is preferred
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!