Location: Singapore, Singapore
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
Within Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd (TSA), the Drone Program is a new initiative with a long term view of development & manufacture of products & services which serve the needs of multiple drone segments (from light-weight consumer drones to long distance & heavy drones) to global customers:
The Senior Software Engineer will work on the embedded software development activities for multiple product development. This is a hands-on role with strong individual contribution element. The incumbent also needs to work closely with the FR System & Architecture team & other software domains (like server & Mobile App) to develop the overall system.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Develop, validate and deploy new software components (for example advance software security mechanism and next generation IoT connectivity protocols) for embedded operating systems targeted for UAV Solutions
- Contribute in the full product development lifecycle – starting from MVPs to Engineering Prototypes, Manufacturing Prototype builds, Pilot run and Series Production, following key milestones / gates during the process
- Work closely with system requirements team to define software architecture in line with quality, security and cost targets
- Be in an start-up oriented, agile development environment to work closely within team and multiple teams around the world to build great products exceeding customer expectations.
- Advanced programming skills in C / Java and practical experience with UML
- Knowledge of embedded technologies/ecosystem, software security
- Hands-on aptitude on embedded software development
- Good understanding of uC architectures (8/16/32 bits)
- Experience with real-time system architecture / design
- Experience in embedded development tools (emulators, analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.)
- Understanding & Practice in Software configuration management / version control tools
- 7 - 10 years of Experience in Aerospace / Automotive or Consumer Electronics
- Strong Quality mindset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments & customers locally and internationally
- Team-player with a willingness to work in an Individual Contributor mode as well as to coach & mentor in a leadership role (start-up mind set)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!