Location: Rydalmere, Australia
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Rydalmere site is home to over 500 employees working across Ground Transportation Systems, Maritime and Secure Communication & Information Systems. With an onsite subsidised cafeteria, well equipped gymnasium and free onsite parking our Rydalmere facility is conveniently located close to Parramatta and Ryde. There are also ferry, bus and train stations within easy walking distance.
You'll provide support across two key Thales businesses, you'll drive process improvement and be the subject matter expert in PMO tools. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to progress in their career.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining, governing and continuously improving Project Management processes (from forecast bids, through to firm projects to project closure), ensuring that Project Management Office processes for Bids and Projects are followed by the Project Managers
- Managing the Project Management Office resource workload planning and allocation process, throughout all phases of the project lifecycle (from forecast bids, through to firm projects to project closure), and conduct of the weekly resource reviews
- Consolidation of data across the project portfolio using various standard tools to prepare and present data. One example being workforce planning using Power BI and Excel as required
- Provide data analysis of the project portfolio to ensure robust and credible data is being presented for review
- Provide scheduling experience, support and advice to the Project Managers and technical staff to help develop resourced project schedules
- Maintain and improve (as required) the PMO SharePoint collaboration tool to support the PMO processes and governance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Program / Project Management desirable
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Sound experience in a business management or operational function role involving project management and analytical reporting
- Planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to generate creative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with organisational problems and opportunities
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of the MS suite of programs.MS Word and Excel will require an advanced level of knowledge
- Customer focused.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance.
You will clear a pre-employment police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!