In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Trade Compliance Manager
As the Trade Compliance Manager for the Rotterdam distribution center, you will oversee the daily Trade Compliance operational activities regarding Dutch export controls, restrictive measures, sanctions and customs import entries/processes. Managing the export license applications, validity of trade data, license applicability and restrictions for all customer/end-users orders and outbound shipments. Also, ensuring accurate customs entries for imports, resolving classification issues. Maintain a strong Internal Compliance Program (ICP), through monitoring and control measures as outlined in ICP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
(90% of time)
As the Trade Compliance Manager, you will oversee the:
- Responsibility and empowerment to say yes or no to any transaction
- Export license management:
- Establish relevant processes for export license management within the company and ensure its effective implementation in order to achieve strict compliance with the conditions for the use of the Dutch licenses (ie collection of Consignee Undertakings, End-User Statements,…)
- Identify general and individual export license needs
- Completion of general & individual export license applications
- Track export license validity period & renewal of applications
- Identify/record/communicate export license limitations & conditions
- Monitor and report license usage internally and externally as required
- Maintain relationship with CDIU, Team POSS, & MOFA
- Provide export guidance to Geodis, conducting random AGS export entry audits
- Manage Dutch End-User & Consignee Undertaking Statements,
- Ensure consistent proper ‘’denied party(ies) screening’’ of Customers and End-Users is strictly implemented at regular intervals (ie receipt of order, before shipment, …) and validate the results of screening in case of alerts / hits
- Manage the false positives and the hits in the screening tool and release orders in the ERP in case of compliance hold
- Maintenance and implementation of ICP, monitoring compliance with set control measures
- Customer PO export license evaluation, ensuring export license availability at sales order booking
- Validate compliance with export license requirements pre shipping
- Ensure all internal and external trade inquiries and license escalations are reviewed/investigated accurately and timely
- Identify improvement opportunities in the NL Trade Compliance processes by utilizing internal and external inquiries to derive root cause and determine corrective actions, notably with regard to classification of products (either from US and/or EU perspective) and governance of software sales
- Import entries and classification, document incurred efforts & costs due to internal & external errors
- Maintain and publish a weekly dashboard reporting import & export trade activates for NL BU
- Submit semi-annual reports or equivalent, when requested by the authorities, for shipments not entered in AGS system (e.g. virtual deliveries)
- Provide guidance, support, and training to support export compliance for NL fulfilled transactions
- Develop and implement strategic logistics plans to ensure Business Operations meets objective
- Master applicable import / export clearance procedures
- Master rules of origin
- Master incoterms
- Master the HS codes to be used for any product imported in or exported from the country.
- Master the possible customs regime to allow local tax and duties exemption or reduction.
- Master all documents needed and the process to get them (legalization, certification, …)
- Perform regular audits to ensure local trade compliance
- Make audit reports available to the organization
- Provide continued trade assistance to stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders requiring training and special assistance.
- Ensure training of key population (e.g. customer services, sales, logistics, etc) on a regular basis (once a year).
- Ensure continuous support to Sales force, Customer Service, Finance, Legal, …
- Implement and maintain close relationships with customs authorities to be up-to-date in terms of regulations and to have the appropriate contacts to solve and fix customs issues that may occur.
(10% of time)
In coordination with the other Compliance Officers part of the Compliance Officer network, you will be responsible for addressing the implementation and follow-up of the governance and compliance program in your perimeter, and in particular apply the Third Party Integrity Assessment Instruction (TPIA) in your perimeter. For these aspects you will report to the Compliance Officer in the Netherlands.
- Fluent in Dutch & English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, independent and able to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills with ability to identify root cause, determine corrective-action, and implement change
- Thorough understanding of Dutch Trade rules and requirements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid analytical background and accuracy in recordkeeping
- Strong interpersonal communicator
- Good quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Global and multicultural views
- Maintain confidentiality of information obtained during the course of work
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferred in Trade/Logistics or a related field
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Dutch Trade Compliance management in a fast-paced manufacturing/logistic environment for Dual-Use Goods
- Knowledge on local and international import / export rules
- Customs laws and regulations
- Familiar with US controlled commodities and controls
- Proficient in AGS system
- Demonstrated strong management experience
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!