Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Payload Engineering Team , the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Payloads Architect in close cooperation with the technical manager.
- Responsible of the Payload design including, analyses and simulations.
- Responsible of the PL Design Justification File
- Support to the pre-developments activities related to the Payload
- Support to the development and procurement phase of Payload equipment
- Support to the complete qualification process from the design to the verification phase
- Contribute to the specification, development or section PL laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Support the preparation of RFD, RFW and participate to the relevant Engineering Board meetings
- Contribute to internal and R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced payloads.
Skills & Experience
The candidate shall have the following qualifications and working experience:
- PhD /University Master degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent;
- 10+ years experience in Payload design, analyses and simulations especially for C/D/E phase projects
- Large experience as Payload Architecture definition and/or Payload procurements;
- Very good attitude in team working and cooperation with the other team members;
- Good Knowledge of Navigation satellite systems, including good background of Radio Frequency payloads measurements instruments for space systems;
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital signal processing;
- Very good knowledge of software, simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python) including Architectural Framework Tools
(Melody, Modaf,..) ;
- Team-working, problem solving;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Italian languages is desirable;
- EC nationality
- Applicants must have work experience on classified activities and must be eligible for security clearance by their national security administration.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!