Location: Piscataway, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to take you where you want to go, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced and unpredictable world, we work together to keep aircraft fully operational, safe and well maintained to make your life better, and keep you safer. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are looking for a Business Software Engineer to join our team. The main focus of the Business Software Engineer is support of existing tools/systems and development of new digital initiatives. The Business Software Engineer is an essential part of the operations team to maintain current reporting system and different critical web-based decision making tools.
- Develop and improve SQL databases necessary to support current systems
- Convert existing Visual Basic script into robust and more agile solutions
- Based on local business requirements design and develop complete digital solutions
- Work as part of a team in designing, developing, testing and deploying of Worldwide digital projects
- Develop data architecture and reporting structures in order to coordinate with unified databases
- Perform data post-processing to ensure efficiency database using state of the art ETL services
- Document development and train end users
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Business or Computer Science or related field
- 5-8+ years’ experience with business operations or systems development
- 5 years experience developing, maintaining, and querying SQL databases
- 2 years working with SAP database required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Visual Basic experience
- ETL experience (Knime, Alteryx...)
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to understand Electronic Data Interface (EDI) networks
- Knowledge of aviation industry and terminology a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.