Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
Thales Portugal is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to integrate the Product Development's Integration and Verification team. This Test Engineer will perform a subset of all the software engineering activities required to integrate, verify and manage the evolution for a solution /product, achieving customer satisfaction.
- Designing and developing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems.
- Prepares definition documents (or participates in their preparation) in order to comply with targets relating to costs, deadlines and quality, and participates in the product integration and verification phases.
- Assembles the solution / product elements in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behavior, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the solution / product has been designed are fulfilled.
- Guarantees that the product data package is ready for release to production, and to operation and support.
- Contributes in co-engineering activities with the Systems Engineering team in order to ensure software-system consistency, and ensures the right contribution of software components to the systems integration & verification / configuration & change management activities.
Skills and Experience:
- MSc / BS degrees in Computer Science related fields;
- Experience in writing test specifications to verify the system requirements;
- Experience in participating and / or lead test campaigns;
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer;
- General UNIX knowledge;
- Experience with GIT;
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Scrum as a preference. Certified Scrum Developer is a plus;
- Experience with test automation Framework (eg: Selenium) is a plus;
- Openness to a new environment, people and culture;
- Work effectively within existing systems, both software artifacts and organizations
- Fluent English language, spoken and written;
- Availability to travel.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!