Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
Edisoft, a Thales Group company, is looking for a System Infrastructure Engineer to join a team within our Defense & Security domain.
About the job
As a System Infrastructure Engineer you will have the opportunity to work in an international and multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design and some of the activities include:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer
- Design the architecture of the command & control system
- Define the functional behavior of the system
- Discuss required IT solutions with architects and related product teams - IT infrastructure and Cyber security
- Define interfaces between the Thales command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join our group you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other you spend defining the interaction between our command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
- Experience as a System Engineer/Architect
- Familiar with latest trends in IT technology and Cyber security.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
- Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project management
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Flexibility with respect to working abroad and being part of an international environment
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!