Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
Edisoft, a Thales Group company, is looking for a Software Testing Engineer to join a team within our Space domain.
About the job
As a Software Testing Engineer, you will play a role in our projects within our complex Space domain. Do you have a good understanding of software developments in the outside world? Do you see the development of a vision as your mission? If so, you may be the Software Testing Engineer we are looking for. We are committed to the application of high-tech engineering techniques and methods. Our software development is mainly based on Java, supported by a modern development environment and intragroup cooperation.
- Be able to analyze the software requirements and architecture being developed and their relation within the full project scope.
- Design and develop software components tests in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behavior, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the software components have been designed are fulfilled.
- Participate in the configuration item integration and verification phases.
- Contribute to the production of the software data package for release to solution.
- Ensures the Configuration Management of the Software Components.
- Contribute to the Change Management of the Software Solution.
You are a talented and experienced Software Testing Engineer who likes to cooperate in the design and development of software solutions. You have a solid background in Java development using modern development tools and methods. You are capable of rapidly mastering new domains and techniques. You graduated in the field of IT or Computer Science. You are analytical, autonomous and able to operate as an enthusiastic team player. In addition, you are result-oriented, show initiative and you are able to communicate clearly. An excellent command of the Portuguese and English languages, both spoken and written, is essential in order to perform well in this role. An international environment is the context you want to work in.
Knowledge of and experience with the following tools and techniques are important:
- SQL or Oracle databases
- Linux operating Systems and Shell
- Test tools (e.g. SoapUI)
- GIT and Maven
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge in Web Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!