Location: Paço de Arcos, Portugal
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
EDISOFT, a Thales Group company, has been working in the Aeronautics and ATM domains since its foundation. Since providing services for Airport Operations, Air Traffic Management equipment and solutions, and Software Development for civil and military aviation, EDISOFT offers advanced software solutions and highly qualified IT consulting services for the Aeronautic Industry. As a result, EDISOFT has a broad experience and has built a solid reputation in Airport Operations and Air Traffic Management Systems.
We are looking for a Maritime Data Integration and Analysis Engineer willing to join a young and dynamic team and contribute in our challenging projects (national and international) in the Maritime Security domain.
The candidate should fulfil the following skills and experience (mandatory requirements):
- University degree in Computer Science or another close engineering area
- Good knowledge and practical experience in algorithms and data structures, feature extraction and data analytics, machine learning and related areas
- Advanced skills in R and Python
- Other Programming Languages Knowledge, in particular Java, C#
- Good level of English (spoken and written)
- Strongly motivated, self-learner, interest in R&D related work
The following skills will be an additional value:
- Prior experience in maritime data analytics (AIS data, others)
- Experience in anomaly detection (maritime security or other domains)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!