In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer that will also be working with the Front End Developer requirements for our Ottawa, Canada team. As a Full Stack Developer for the Data Protection on Demand team, you will conduct product research leading to new or improved products. You will create or enhance software products based on specifications developed in conjunction with subject matter experts within Thales.
- Design, code/debug and test new/existing software modules.
- Contribute towards development of new approaches and techniques and perform code reviews for the team.
- Participate in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, adhering to secure coding practices and detailing design aspects under the direction of experienced engineers.
- Use source control tools and related processes/procedures and build mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in software engineering role highly proficient in fundamental with backend development, operating systems, networking fundamentals and knowledge of SDLC.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant field of study. BE/B. Tech/ M. Tech/MCA or equivalent work experience can be substituted for degree
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in working with strong authentication solutions using OTP or identity management solution is a plus.
- AWS, Java, Go, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and Linux experience. GCP knowledge is a plus
- Microservice, Spring Boot, Lodash, TypeScript, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, Babel & CoreJS
- We would like someone to join our team who is goal oriented, focused and a dedicated individual
- Learning agility, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!