In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We are looking for a Devops Test Engineer to join our team in Ottawa, Canada.
- Design, implement and execute test cases and scripts to validate functionalities, use cases, load and performance of the solution including end to end testing in a real environment.
- Perform first level of investigation on failed tests in order to identify root cause.
- Design and implement automated tests using SpecFlow and Gherkin language.
- Support and maintain up-to-date necessary environments for testing like integration by deploying new release.
- Continuously Interface with the geographically distributed teams in Ottawa, Austin, and Noida.
- Actively participate and contribute to the QA community on topics like test strategies, improvement to automation, explore new frameworks, practices, technologies about testing, deployment and monitoring.
- Follow the agile methodology used for the project. This includes validation of user stories and creation of corresponding tasks to help create a robust system based on user-centric design. .
- Archive validation project source code in Github, documentation in Confluence and utilize Jira for task and issue tracking.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of industry experience validating web applications using .NET or Java based platform
- 3 years of demonstrated experience utilizing continuous integration tool Jenkins
- 3 years of experience running load and performance tests using JMeter/Locust.io or similar tools.
- 3 years of experience in using standard scripting languages and validation tools: Python, Selenium, and Java script, shell script, C# .Net, any other scripting language & tool.
- 2 years of experience in implementing automation tests using SpecFlow (or some other similar framework) and Gherkin Language.
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant field of study. BE/B. Tech/ M. Tech/MCA of Equivalent degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience in working with strong authentication solutions using OTP or identity management solution is a plus.
- Experience in working with public cloud environment (AWS, GCP) and related technologies (OCP, K8s, helm, ansible) is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate test, specification and implementation details.
- Occasional flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to collaborate with remote teams.
- Scaled Agile Fremework(SAFe) environment experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!