Do you want to be a part of building a secure and reliable railway that ensures the mobility of people and industrial freight across the country? In Thales, you can work in modernization projects for railway in Norway.
Thales Commercial Norway AS seeks a Contract Manager fully dedicated to our railway projects.
World class technologies and the combined expertise of 80,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
As a pioneer in transportation technology, we are one of the world’s top suppliers of systems, solutions, equipment and services for the mobility of railways, roads and public networks.
Thales Commercial Norway AS is a significant technology supplier for public transportation rail signaling and traffic management in Norway. In 2012, Thales was awarded a contract to deliver signaling solutions for Norwegian railways through a SignAN Frame Agreement with the Norwegian National Rail Administration (Bane NOR). In 2018, Thales has been awarded the contract for renewal of the rail signaling system for Bane NOR to deliver a new and technologically advanced Traffic Management System (TMS) capable of meeting future needs. Proven technology solutions combined with local presence has contributed to making traveling by train safer and more reliable for the public.
For further information about Thales see www.thalesgroup.com.
Contract Manager (Ref.No. R0064477)
at our Location in Oslo Norway
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
The Contract Manager will support the Senior Contract Manager and legal team in managing Thales’ relationships to the Customer and subcontractors in order to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations in a timely manner and reduce risks, as well as being a member of an international project team and facilitate efficient coordination with internal departments (e.g. Legal, Finance and Commercial).
It also involves the following tasks:
Within the perimeter of the SignAN and TMS projects, the Contract Manager shall support the project in i.a.:
- Contractual management of the relationships with Customer and sub-contractors, including preparation of contract notices, correspondence, variation orders, claims, etc.
- Contract and data administration
- Maintaining contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue.
- Providing support and contract clarification and interpretation to the Project team to minimize contractual risk and exposure, provide advice to maximize commercial opportunities for the project, and suggest actions accordingly to support Thales business objectives
- Participate in Project Meetings, internal and external (with the Customer, subcontractors and other entities).
- Supporting the Project team in interpretation and execution of the terms and conditions of the Contract and subcontracts, oversee that on-going work is compliant with the Contract (T&Cs, Statement of Work, Specifications etc.)
- Claims and Variation management
- Good opportunities for professional and personal development in a high-tech environment
- A multi-discipline organization that provides vast opportunities for professional and personal growth locally and internationally
- Competitive terms and conditions, pension and insurance agreements
- Central location in Oslo
- Various social activities
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!