Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Australia has embarked on the most complex transformation of Air Traffic Management (ATM) in its aviation history, a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a unified solution to Australia’s future ATM needs. The OneSky Australia Program is an unprecedented partnership between Thales, Airservices Australia and The Department of Defence to develop a new integrated civil and military air traffic management system.
As a Verification & Validation Engineer you will work within the OneSKY program where you will define and perform the verification testing activities to ensure that the System and System elements meet the Functional Baseline Requirements and Allocated Baseline Requirements, in order to confirm the system’s fitness for purpose in accordance with project objectives.
You will be actively involved in the following
- Contributing to the delivery of quality and cost effective solutions, on time and on budget to program schedules
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary and international teams of engineers to achieve project deliverables and milestones
- The creation, maintenance and traceability of test procedures to verify Functional and Allocated Baseline requirements and to validate the system’s fitness for purpose
- The conduct of the verification and validation tests during formal testing activities including Acceptance Verification & Validation with the customer.
- Organise and carry out verification and validation activities in accordance with Project Plans which will include V&VP, ATP(s,) SEMP and Thales Engineering Procedures
- Participate in System Requirement Analysis workshops, Test Procedure and Test Readiness Reviews, internally and with suppliers
How About You?
- Bachelor of Engineering in a discipline that focuses in Systems & Software Systems or equivalent with relevant industrial experience in systems engineering
- Test Engineering/Test Analyst experience of large, complex, real time software based systems which may include Air Traffic Management Systems or Voice Communication Systems.
- Experience in engineering analysis, design and testing activities.
- Proven track record working successfully across an integrated team environment.
- Experience working with Requirement, Test and Defect Management Systems (DOORS, JIRA) would be highly desirable
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!