Location: WTC MELBOURNE, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
This full time permanent configuration&data manager role is to support our Air Traffic Management project in the day to day conduct of configuration management within the delegated program or project and supervise subordinate configuration controller officers and administrators in relation to data management.
- The supervision of Configuration Management Officers and Assistants as assigned by the Configuration Manager.
- The recording, and releasing configuration information and technical data.
- The maintenance and integrity of the configuration records, of their traceability and history.
- To maintain advanced user skills of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Integrity of project data within the PLM
- Co-ordination of the Contract Delivery Requirements List (CDRL) and Sub-Contractor Delivery Requirements List (SDRL) with support of the data management team.
- Lead and direct a team of documentation specialists; initially to deploy process improvements and then to ensure OneSKY CDRLs are delivered in accordance with the newly defined process and schedule
- Coordinate and contribute to the development and deployment of process improvements
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in a CM Officer role or equivalent
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management Tools.
- Experience in Configuration Management standards and process
- Proficient with Information Technology Tools.
The position is dependent on the candidate eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
The suitable candidate needs to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales needs to know if you hold any passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!