Location: Madrid, Spain
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio form the two parent companies' “Space Alliance”, which offers a complete range of services and solutions. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments, Thales Alenia Space is the natural partner to countries that want to expand their space program. The company posted consolidated revenues of 2.5 billion euros in 2018, and has 8,000 employees in nine countries. www.thalesaleniaspace.com
We're currently looking for a RF Subsystem Engineer join an enthusiast team, in charge of designing, developing and testing communication subsystems and passive RF equipment.
Tasks will include:
- Participate actively in the architectural design of the subsystem.
- Dimension/analyse the subsystem to achieved the required performances.
- Document the design. Prepare test procedures, test reports, test plans.
- Follow the project cycle from beginning to final delivery, including the assistance to integration and test.
- Teamwork with several other departments: mechanical, components, purchasing,etc.
- Follow-up subcontractors of subsystems elements.
To succeed at this role, you must have the following experience and skills:
- Degree or MSc in Electrical or Telecommunication engineering, or equivalent, with specialisation on radiofrequency electronics and digital communications.
- Relevant experience in the development and validation of RF & data transmission subsystems up to Ka-band.
- Experience on digital communication: modulation schemes, error correction coding, characterisation of communication links (channel distortion, EVM, BER, FER)
- Use of test instrumentation: Spectrum Analysers, Network Analysers, Signal Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Data Patterns Generators, Oscilloscopes, BER tester,..
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams, including external subcontractor follow-up. Flexible and versatile; prone to learn and develop new competences
- Experience in space sector. Knowledge of space programs design rules and standards. Capable to solve engineering problems within risk, cost & schedule constraints.
- Engineering tools: ADS, MATLAB, C/C++
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
Any of the following will be a plus:
- Experience in passive RF design (filters, multiplexers, ..) in high frequencies (waveguide, resonant cavities)
- Knowledge of RF simulation software like HFSS / CST / Mician.
- Digital Signal Processing and Software-Defined Radio
- C/C++, Pspice
- Third language: French or German
We will consider being in possession of a certificate of disability.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!