Location: Madrid, Spain
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
- Telecommunication or Electrical Engineer (master degree) with firm background on electronics, radiofrequency, radio-communications and telecommunications.
Skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in design and development of Passive RF equipment/elements (filters & diplexers, power dividers…) from L-band to Ka/Q/V band.
- Good knowledge about filters synthesis and modelling.
- Experience in laboratory (breadboarding, tuning and testing). Use of Laboratory test instruments, such as Network Analyzers.
- Simulation & design tools: HFSS/Maxwell, CST, MICIAN, FEST & ADS or equivalent, MATLAB
- Fluent English mandatory, knowledge of other languages. Spanish knowledge will be valued
- Experience in space sector. Knowledge of space programs rules and standards (i.e. ECSS)
- Enjoys developing and performing through teamwork, and promoting improvements and change
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Accuracy and focus on final result
- Flexible and versatile; prone to learn and develop new competences
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Willing to face challenges
- Expertise on active RF circuit design and development (amplifiers, oscillators, modulators, synthesizers,… )and RF Printed Circuit Boards Design
- Knowledge of Radiofrequency equipment (transmitters, receivers, frequency converters) and Digital Communications
- Other SW Tools: C/C++, Labview
- Third language: french
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!