Location: Madrid, Spain
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio form the two parent companies' “Space Alliance”, which offers a complete range of services and solutions. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments, Thales Alenia Space is the natural partner to countries that want to expand their space program. The company posted consolidated revenues of 2.1 billion euros in 2015, and has 7,500 employees in eight countries
We're currently looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team and to work in an agile and highly innovative environment and to participate in international projects.
The tasks will include:
- Define and deploy tools for managing the infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software developers and IT/IS on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Perform incremental optimizations on tools, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors.
- Select and define technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within SW development projects.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Develop gluing code for continuous delivery in a professional software engineering environment.
- Work on various platforms with different programming languages.
- Keep up to date with new technologies research and implementing always the best selected technology/tool.
- Manage support with different tool providers.
- Take the leadership of own activities on cost, schedule and quality requirements.
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in software engineering, telecommunication engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science and mathematics or other similar technical discipline. Advanced degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience would be a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience in configuration management tools like Cheff, Puppet, Ansible or Salt
- Experience administering and deploying CI/CD stacks including tools like GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration with Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies
- Good hands-on knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools (including GIT workflows) and scripting languages such as Bash, Python and/or Groovy
- Experience with deployment and administration of Cloud or hybrid environments in platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
Any of the following will be valued:
- Build automation tools like Maven, Gradle, SBT
- Experience with tools like Coverity, IBM TestRT, VectorCast, Reqtify, Doors
- Linux and Windows system & server administration
- Experience with tool integration into IDE such as Eclipse and Visual Studio
- Experience with embedded software development environment and tools
We would like to find a proactive and experienced DevOps engineer with good communication skills, who is able to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment
We will consider being in possession of a certificate of disability.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!