Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Solution Architect Optics (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
Lead the solution architecture definition for optical and electro-optical systems and maintain the solution throughout the product life cycles, perform requirements and verification management in collaboration with SEM and IVVQ Manager.
This includes the following tasks:
- Lead the architecture and requirements definition
- Analysis of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Define the development and verification logic
- Definition of interfaces and requirements for external partners
- Definition of product architecture for reflective and refractive optics and related development approach
- Definition, analysis and trade-off of system concepts in multi-disciplinary teams
- Failure mode analysis for optics products
- Setting up / flow-down budgets (mass, volume, power, pointing accuracy, WFE,reliability, etc. )
- Risk management
- Establishing key project documentation (e.g. development plans, design description and justification reports, interface control documents)
- Verification control throughout the project life cycle
- Documentation of the activities and results of the system configuration and Support Action Item management
Your background and skills:
- 7+ years experience in (refractive and reflective) Optics development
- Degree in Optical Engineering or similar
- Experience in optics simulation (Zemax, Optisim, CodeV, ASAP) is compulsory
- Experience in product development for reflective and refractive optics and related development approach
- Experience in Systems Engineering, architecting and problem solving is compulsory
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of mechantronics and/or electro-optical hardware development is an advantage
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Requirements Management tools (DOORS) is an advantage
- Experience in photometric analysis/ detector performance assessment
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Pronounced communication skills and proven experience in working in international environment
- Experience in space or aviation is an advantage
- Experience in optics Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) is an advantage
- Representing/Leading engineering teams
- Readiness for un-frequent travel
- Fluent in English, German and French is a plus
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!