Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
Simulation Lead Engineer/ Solution Architect (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
Lead, establish and maintain system model and simulations of optical terminals.
This includes the following tasks:
- Lead the system model architecture
- Analysis of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Suppport the definition, analysis and trade-off of system concepts in multi-disciplinary teams by: System modelling & Simulation, integration of simulation outputs of various tools; Derivation of requirements sets and interfaces for the model; Monte-Carlo analyses of system models; Support for budget trackings (mass, power, accuracy, reliability, etc.) based on model outputs
- Support of product architecture definition for electro-optic and mechatronic systems based on
- Support for the development and verification logic
- Support for interfaces and requirements for external partners
- Risk management based on obtained model results (tracking of critical items identified by MC or sensitivity analysis)
- Contributions to key project documentation (design description and justification reports, interface control documents)
- Verification control throughout the project life cycle
- Documentation of the activities and results of the system configuration and Support Action Item management
- Perform presentations and reviews internally and externally
- Technical contact with internal and external agencies and customers with the project
Your background and skills:
- 10+ years experiences in electrical engineering
- Degree in (Contol) Engineering, Aerospace, Electronics/Photonics or Microtechniques
- Experience in product development for electro-optic and mechatronic systems
- Experience in Systems Engineering, architecting and problem solving is compulsory
- Knowledge of Simulation environments (e.g. Matlab® Simulink®, openModelica, Spice etc.) is compulsory
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of SySML and use of related tools is an advantage
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Requirements Management tools (DOORS) is an advantage
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Pronounced communication skills and proven experience in working in international environment
- Fluent in English, German and French is an advantage
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A structured, methodical working method
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in space or aviation is an advantage
- Representing/Leading engineering teams
- Readiness for un-frequent travel
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 42869
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!